HomeIntervention

Discuss Leveled Literacy Intervention and the LLI supporting resources.

Intervention teacher Messages in this topic - RSS

HPerry
HPerry

7 days ago
HPerry
HPerry
Hi...I was just assigned a new job for next school year. I am going to be teaching K-2 reading intervention for our Tier 3 students. The school purchased the 2nd grade intervention kit. I am really liking what I see so far. Just starting digging through the boxes. Can I use the second grade kit with my first graders that are on level C? Would it be better if I just had them purchase a first grade kit as well?
edited by HPerry on 5/15/2017
0 link
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant
Debbie Magoulick, Fountas & Pinnell Consultant

6 days ago
HPerry wrote:
Hi...I was just assigned a new job for next school year. I am going to be teaching K-2 reading intervention for our Tier 3 students. The school purchased the 2nd grade intervention kit. I am really liking what I see so far. Just starting digging through the boxes. Can I use the second grade kit with my first graders that are on level C? Would it be better if I just had them purchase a first grade kit as well?
edited by HPerry on 5/15/2017

You are going to love teaching with your LLI system! The answer to your question is really up to your school and scheduling. You can use the Blue lessons at Level C with first graders as long as you don't need those same lessons with your second graders. The lessons are designed so the students will reread the books over a few days so it can be a problem if you are on the same lesson with 2 groups. You might also need to order more of the Take Home books. Some of the consumable materials are on sale now.

The advantage of the Green System is that the texts were written with the content and themes typical first graders enjoy and with which they have some familiarity, while the Blue System was written with a second grader in mind.
Enjoy your teaching!
Debbie
0 link